Is My Child Ready For Academy?
To help parents decide which level of play is most appropriate for their child, listed below are the characteristics of typical players who would participate in an Academy Program. If your child displays a majority of the characteristics listed, they are probably more suited to that level of play. However, it should be noted that during a player’s soccer development they may move back and forth between academy and recreational play.
• Soccer is a high priority.
• Demonstrates sound technical skills (control, dribbling, and shooting).
• Demonstrates high level of focus and concentration during practices and games.
• Physically stronger than most players within their age group.
• Athletically quicker than most players within their age group.
• High level of coordination and good agility.
• During games is aggressive in their attitude and approach to getting involved.
• During games tends to dominate the play.
• Started to narrow down the number of extra-curricular activities.
• Practices with a ball in their own time outside regular schedule of games & practices.
• 9u/10u player who will try-out for the 11u competitive age group in the following year.